Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Senior citizen that are terminally ill; how are you facing, preparing your demise. emotionally, not getting your finances in order.?

A few years ago I was told that my cancer was terminal but I said I wished the treatment to continue and here I am still.  Doctors got it right about the diagnosis but got it wrong about the prognosis.

NOBODY gets out alive, kid. Your time is coming, no doubt. Think about THAT the rest of the short time you have left. You`ll be DEAD a lot longer than you`re alive.

• kswck2

My affairs were in order Years ago. And I KNOW that I am going to die at some point-I Just hope that it will be in some way that my offspring can sue the … out of someone and make More money. 

• Frank
      3 weeks agoReport

Wouldn't it be nicer to hope that all consultants, trying their best for their patients, have much success and pray that they don't make mistakes.  The love of money warps the minds of some people.

Every ages should have pre-planning after their death.

And yes I am working on it but I am not terminally ill yet that I know of.

I learned a long time ago that my life usually goes the opposite of what I hope for. So I started wishing for death in 1948 and now I’m 96 years old and still going strong. 

• rick

I got everything ready. It's all in financial packages for distribution, when I go. I have less than 5 years left. COPD  I AM making a concentrated effort to spend it all first.

• the inevitable is............. inevitable....... nothing to do but  what you can do................. what little I have I have tried to get "in order"........... finances not much of an issue...... just a lack of......... my neighbor is an undertaker ......... weird i know..... he will take care of the disposal............. just waiting for my lungs, heart, liver to decide which one gets to finish me off.....

I'd be quite surprised to learn any seniors with an ongoing terminal illness are wasting time here.

People I've known in such circumstances approach it in whatever way suits their needs. Some become more religious--or less. Some contact old friends and flames. Some make peace with enemies and rivals. Some spend their remaining time cementing the bond with spouse and family.

There's no right or wrong was to do it, so long as you don't purposefully hurt others.

If this is you, I'm sorry you're unsure of yourself, but I'm certain you'll figure out something that works for you.