Should I watercooling my GPU if it is hitting 51 degrees?

I have an ASUS strix RTX 2080 Ti that I have overclocked. 

I was thinking of watercooling my gpu But it is getting 51 degrees with the overclock. Should I even bother watercooling it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

51 C is cold for a non idle video card

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

C is nothing, if it was closer to 80-100 I'd worry

• Adrian
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most GPU can handle 70C ok, a few up to 80C. At 51C, I would not even worry about it.

• 1 month ago

Check with Asus for what max temperature is recommended.  You could add more fans in the box to improve airflow.  Liquid cooling is quite troublesome, especially if it leaks.  See what other fluids besides "water" should be used.  Distilled water might not short anything out.  Some other fluids are safe for electronic boards that are powered.

Read: https://www.pugetsystems.com/blog/2013/03/11/The-H...

Source(s): I put a 200mm (8 inch) fan on the outside of my computer box that has a GTX 1650 GPU card. This draws warm air out.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Can be a huge pain in the neck and expensive to outfit existing graphic cards with water blocks.  Water cooling can technically make it possible to overclock it even more.  I suggest checking for forums to see someone who has done it for that specific card.  Regardless water cooling isn't just about overclocking, a lot of it is to get rid of the loud fans that a card like that will otherwise require.  If you don't care about the noise then it's probably not worth it.   If you have an existing water system on the CPU it kind of makes sense to just have it water-cooled to have a complete system.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.