kayla asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 months ago

Do I have Aspergers??

When I was little I had speech delays and took speech therapy to help me talk. Then as I grew older I have hard time understanding jokes and things that don’t make sense. I’d get angry or frustrated when I don’t understand things. I don’t know what it means to stim. I sing along to a song while rocking back and forth like I’m cradling myself like a baby. My parents told me I have high functioning autism. Is that Aspergers or what? I’m almost 22 now. 

The only difference between Asperger's and high functioning autism is the age at which you reached developmental milestones such as learning to speak or walk. As you had a speech delay you ended up with a HFA diagnosis instead of Asperger's. Asperger's syndrome isn't a separate diagnosis anymore and all types of autism are now known as autistic spectrum disorders or ASD. 

I'm an autistic adult.

I've been dealing with this for all of my life.

In 2016 a doctor told me i had Autism Spectrum Disorder.

In 2018 A Doctor in California Told Me I Had Mild Autism.

You Have To Speak To A Professional, Doctor, or a Speech Pathologist To Know if you really have autism spectrum disorder.

You need to Speak To A Professional, Doctor, Or something like that.

The Speech Pathologist in 2016 Actually Told Me They Had Changed The Name, From Aspergers, To Autism spectrum disorder.

My Father Actually used Cuss me Out/ complain when i called him on the phone, and talked with him about it