does 3 med size eggs equal 2 large eggs?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, I'd use 3 med eggs if the recipe called for 2 large ones, if med ones were all I had, theres not 'much' difference.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. I have found that in most applications, using 2 medium eggs is the same as using 2 large eggs. There really  is no difference. In baking, the cake might be just a bit less fluffy, but it shouldn't be Completely different. 

• 1 month ago

A medium egg is 53-63g, and a large egg is 63-73g, so three medium eggs is a bit more.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, math nerds back me up or ream my cloaca. Chickens are only so big You can't double or triple the circumference of a small egg and still expect it to come out of a vent without killing the poor thing. Cigars' width use a system where 60gauge is 1 inch wide. So a 30 gauge cigar is 1/2 an inch wide. (50 is pretty common). A Coke can is 3 inches wide. I'm pretty sure most living things wouldn't prefer to deliver a Coke can over a cigar.

An egg between medium and jumbo may be closer but to quite double the circumference but in no way is med to large. If you do need exact science for baking, weights are often used professionally. If your recipe just says each, you're just going to have to guess. A problem that comes up for historical recipe interpreters is in fact the eggs would have been minuscule compared to now, so eaches eggs has to be scaled up.

In short, sure, 2 large eggs might work. In baking the worst that'll happen is it wont come out as fluffy as it can be.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

2 medium eggs equal 2 large eggs--they're not that different in volume.  Click on the link below for an egg conversion table.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.