What’s it like being pregnant ?

I haven’t been pregnant yet and I am really curious.

• sarah

It's different for everyone. Personally, I was exhausted throughout my first trimester and pretty much slept those three months away, lol. I had morning sickness from weeks 7-16 and couldn't be far from a bathroom/wastebasket between the hours of 7 a.m. to about noon (sometimes, the nausea hung around a few extra hours). The second trimester was pretty uneventful, except for getting fatter and starting to wake up in the middle of the night to pee (baby girl just turned a year old, and I still can't make it without a 2 a.m. potty break, lol). I had issues with sciatica throughout the third trimester; that sucked, especially since the only painkiller that I feel gives me any actual relief from anything is ibuprofen, which I couldn't take during pregnancy.

Overall, I really enjoyed being pregnant. My daughter was a bit of an accident (we knew we wanted a baby, but we didn't plan on having one so soon), but my husband and I were so excited when we found out we were pregnant. Feeling her move was super cool, too, and I LOVED watching my belly when she got big enough for her movements to be seen from the outside.

Ask your mother or an aunt or one of the girls at your school if any of them found themselves pregnant.