Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What do you think of the name Amelie for a girl?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

N,N,N,,N,N,NOOOO, thats the stupidest name I've heard yet. Have you tried thinking of choosing a name like.. hm... Karen? Maybe, Susan? I was thinking of naming my ninth child, (on the way!) Klindy, her nickname would be "Klindosaurus" What do you think?

Sincerely Karen Miller, a stay home mother of 8 children and also a anti-vaccine supporter (also FaceBook pro)

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

never let strangers name your offspring

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Snid
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends on how you mean it to be pronounced.  I am not really fond of it either way.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not really a fan. How is it pronounced? Like Emily? If so that spelling is a lot better for it. I’m confused as to what it would be pronounced as otherwise, I just don’t think i’d like that

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I like it, it’s French 

• blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is a nice name.

• 1 month ago

I prefer the spelling Emily.

• Kevin
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Amelie and Emily are pronounced differently. I do prefer Emily(EM-il-ee) over Amelie(AM-il-ee)

• 1 month ago

I'm not really a fan of this name, though I love Amelia and Emily. Melanie is also another similar name I really like.

Amelie just sounds too soft and loose to me. I don't really like the 'ah-lee' sounds at the ends of names such Amelie, Rosalie, etc.

/10

Amelie - 4.5

• 1 month ago

YES!!! Very good.  Its origin are French . 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Meh. My only experience with that name is that of a super, super weird girl who kind of looked like a clown in a super, super weird French movie, which I think was actually called Amelie. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.