How can I get a decent amount of sleep?

I know that at 18 years old I'm supposed to aim for about 8 hours of sleep, but literally every time I go to sleep I wake up 6 hours later. If I go to bed at 3, I wake up at 9. If I go to bed at 12, I wake up at 6. I always try but I can never get back to sleep after waking up. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to get a decent amount of sleep?

That can be frustrating. Sometimes I still have issues sleeping, but 2 things that help are putting magnesium oil on my legs before sleep. (Don't put it on your chest at night because that can keep you awake) and if it's really bad melatonin spray on my tongue, but I try not to use that too much as it's not something you really want to use all the time.

If that's all the sleep you need then that's all you need.  Your body will tell you how much you need.  There are people out there who are quite happy on as little as three  or four hours sleep, the eight hour rule isn't a rule, it's an average.