Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 month ago

How do I get my Samsung DVD player to work on my Samsung TV?

I have a Samsung DVD player and a Samsung tv. My dvd player is slightly older than my tv. I never had an issue with the DVD player when it was plugged up to my old TV. When I first purchased the Samsung TV, I could still use the dvd player with no problems. Recently, I would try to play a movie and it will start turning off and on in the middle of the movie. In order to get it to stop, I would have to unplug it. I tried calling Samsung, but their solution did not fix the problem. I do not know what else to do because I have movies I enjoy watching, but I shouldn't have to purchase a subscription to see what I already have. 

The player has problems. 

Replacing it would be the easiest option. 

What would start turning off and on? The TV the DVD player?

If you have a different HDMI cable try that. If your DVD player doesn't have HDMI, it may be time to get a new DVD player. While they usually will last a long time, things can go wrong.

Buy an upgraded dvd player from Walmart. The cheapest one. It's designed to accommodate new tvs.

🥴 That's the way these manufacturing companies design their electronics. To break down so you can buy the latest technology.

Source(s): Former electeonics sales associate.