Taco bar for wedding reception?

I don’t like the typical wedding food. I do however love tacos. Do you think a taco bar where guests can assemble tacos to their own liking would be a good idea?

What is "type wedding food?"  You can think whatever you want and you, as the bride can serve whatever you want, BUT-- tacos are very messy and difficult to eat.  If people are dressing up for you wedding they won't want to eat tacos and get it all over their clothing.

• Trish

Will tacos be the only option?

My cousin's wedding had a taco bar. I think it's a good idea.

• Ocimom

Too messy for everyone.  Do you want sauces spilled on white wedding gowns or any of the fancy gowns people are wearing?

Offer a blander alternative too. Macaroni and cheese, since you’re going cheap.

• drip

How formal and how large is your guest list?

Tacos are messy to eat, I wouldn’t want to be all dressed up and eat tacos

Taco buffet would take some time to go through.

You either need a small guest list or a lot of Taco stations 

Personally I hate buffets. No one is sitting down at your table at the same time. One person is done eating and another has just sat down to eat.

Have Mexican food served for dinner. Already made.

I don't like Wedding food either. I have been to MANY weddings that have Taco Bars. A lot of people do it. I think it's a really good idea and people love tacos. My cousin did something where at the end of the night right before everyone went to go home, they ordered pizza pies. These days Brides and Grooms do more creative things like that. I will probably do a taco bar for my wedding. Just make sure you also have vegetarian foods too for people who don't eat meat. 

People generally wear their nicest outfits when attending a wedding; and tacos aren't a tidy / easy thing to eat. Might not be the best option

BUT - there's no reason you have to have 'typical' wedding food. You can pretty much have anything these days; so if you like Mexican food for example, look at dinner options that involve these dishes

who cares???? it's your wedding, is it not???

thumbs down for an obvious answer, lmao thank you

Do whatever you like