Anonymous

I am applying for a work from home position, then it says "This position will report to the Orlando, Florida office" what do they mean?

Do you mean that people I will be dealing with is from Orlando? Because I can't go to Orlando Florida.

• Favourite answer

I have the same deal.  I work from home (in Toronto) and I report to our company's corporate offices in the Washington, DC area.  My job requires me to be there (well it did until COVID-19) once a month (this was spelled out in my job offer/contract).

It likely means that your direct report is based in the company's office in Orlando.  They may require you to travel there once a year for meetings. Not a big deal.

Someday companies will update their apps to reflect the covid-19 reality. That's just the territory or main office you would normally be working out of, but not these days. Your working from home!

• L

It says EXACTLY as it's printed; 'this position will report to the Orlando, Florida office'.

• Marvin

It means your boss is in Florida.  It also means that from time to time you might be visiting there. It does not mean you will have to move there.

I was reporting to Singapore. I had to go there two or three times a year, then I eventually was relocated there.

• Judy

your boss will be in Orlando

It means that your boss will be someone who works for the Orlando office.  It doesn't mean that you will have to go there yourself.

The type of work I do can be done from maybe almost anywhere around the world, so it doesn't matter where I am. Because the type of work that I do is done remotely.

There are jobs that can be done locally, and remotely. If the job you are applying, for is normally done locally then you might eventually have to go somewhere.

• Rick B

It means that your boss will be in the Orlando office.  You may need to visit that office from time to time.

No one is asking you to go to Orlando! And if they ever did they would pay for you to get there and back home. If they ask you for any money it is just a scam by the way.

It means thats where the headquarters is.

Are you sure its not a scam? Many are.