Did Ares in mythology hate his brother Hercules because he was jealous of their father Zeus’ attention on Hercules?

• Pontus

No.  It was because Herakles (the Greek name of Hercules) had conflicts with a few of Ares' mortal sons, including killing some of them. 

Ares & Herakles also fought in battle. 

Possibly. Hesiod, Shield of Herakles 357 ff (trans. Evelyn-White) (Greek epic C8th or 7th B.C.) :

"[Herakles addresses Kyknos, the son of Ares :] ‘Even before now, I claim, he [Ares] has at one time had experience of my spear, upon that time when, above sandy Pylos, he stood up against me, raging hard in fury for battle, and three times, under the stabling of my spear on his shield, he was knocked down upon the ground, and the fourth time, I thrust with all my rage at his thigh and split a great hole in his his body, and headlong into the dust he tumbled then, under my spearing. And there he might have been disgraced among the gods, if he had gone down under my hands and left the bloody spoils to me.’"