Anon asked in EnvironmentConservation · 1 month ago

Since when do veterinarians get fired and charged with murder, for killing wildlife that poses a danger to people/domestic animals?

I've heard that a veterinarian in another city got canned and is being charged with murder, for killing a litter of raccoons he found in his attic! Why? There's no wildlife sanctuary near enough to him to get the raccoons out alive and without potentially endangering his family and pets. Plus, raccoons are not endangered. Since when does wildlife have more rights to life than a human being or domesticated pets, when they're either potential predators, or known to often carry diseases like rabies, and shouldn't been in suburbs anyhow?

Since never.  And in no place.

You're welcome.

Murder? Really? I wish you'd warned me so I could have put my boots on before reading that. The very worst he could have been charged with is hunting out of season without a license and that charge would not stick when he was doing it in his own home.

As far as being potential predators, what isn't? And many animals can carry rabies. Further, raccoons were in suburbia long before it became suburbia and humans moved into their territory.

I suspect that you've been "had".

• οικος
      1 month agoReport

If you.re fast enough to seal off the area, it won't be a repeatable problem even if the litter is still alive.

Where did you "hear" this? Source?

Okay, where is the one article?

• Anon1 month agoReport

Locally, in my home state of Nebraska. I've only seen one article about it so far, though, what with the crazy protests going on rn.

You should discount any further information you get from wherever you heard this crap.