Can anyone help explain what's wrong with my navel piercing?

Hi all, 

I recently pierced above my belly button and the healing process isn't looking what I expected. 

The skin between the two holes is red and sort of raised or swollen. It looks really strange and I haven't seen anything like it online. I've tried looking up everything I could and I'm not sure what's wrong.

The area around the piercing is only red because I had a bandage over it and left red marks when I took it off.

Any suggestions?

It looks infected.  You need to go to a piercer, and show it to them, they will tell you exactly what you need to do.

• Restless Spirit
      1 month agoReport

IF they try and take it out, and they have difficulty, they may make the problem worse, you need medical attention. you would need certain medical tools to get the piercing out. Please, see your Doctor when you can. Just keep it sterilized, make sure your clothes/jeans rub against the piercing.