can the neighbor park in front of my house if I put a no parking sign in yard.?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

yes, if it is a public roadway

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You don’t own the road outside your house on a normal public road . This comes as a surprise to many people. In many cases if everyone had one car there is sufficient room for everyone to park outside their own house. However many households have more than one car (my neighbour has five) or outside flats, there will not be room.

No one can legally block you access, so if you can sacrifice some garden if you have any, to give some off road parking, that would help.

• 1 month ago

I can't, but if I do, I can't catch his mistake because I didn't forbid parking

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You cannot legally prevent anyone from parking on the public street.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If it is a public street, you cannot stop anyone from parking in front of your house.

• 1 month ago

On a public road where it's legal to park, it's first come, first served. You do not own that spot. Go ahead and put a sign in your yard. The public is free to ignore it.

• 1 month ago

Yes, you have no control over public street parking.  NO sign you post has any validity. 

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes they can..............

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, barring local laws to the contrary on controlling parking on public streets.  Your sign will prevent him from parking on your lawn if that's been a problem.

• 1 month ago

Yes.  You do not own the street.  You cannot prohibit parking anywhere except your own property.  The neighbor can park in the street unless the owner of the street (probably the local government) puts up a sign.

There is one exception, which is if your house is a firehouse.  Parking in front of firehouses is not allowed because the fire engines need to get out quickly.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

There are numerous other exceptions, not just "one".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.