Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Should I get a 350z as a first car?

Hello, I just got my license not too long ago, but from a very young age I have been interested in car's, My dad's car was a 03 SVT cobra and I remember when I was about 12 or 13 being inside of it while he was driving, But that is when my spark for car's really evolved, Loving everything about cars. I remember when I was 9yr's old figuring out tons of car's and playing racing game's non-stop, But I was wondering as a first car would a 2006 Nissan 350z Automatic or Manual (I can drive a manual) would be a Good car due to it's price range, I would say myself that I am pretty mature when it come's to car's and not being a idiotic driver and being a cautious driver, because not only do I having to watch-out for myself but other drivers on the road. So I don't see myself being a idiot inside of it with it's power but I am just curious, Thank you! 

• k w

hell no.....it'll  be a few yrs, b4 you stop playing bumper cars....just wait til then.....

• k w
      1 month agoReport

get a used honda/toyota, til you get the hang of it

• Barry

No. Learn to walk before you can run. If you can afford the insurance, or can even get it you will probably end up in the morgue. BTW all young learner drivers think they are good on the road. Insurance data proves otherwise.

• F

The insurance will be in 5 figures. Pay monthly because the 350z will kill you inside 3 months .

Call for an insurance quote.  Your mouth will drop when you hear the quote.  And your Dad had a Camry.

Nissan's are as good as any make.  2006 is just about old enough for you.  I would wonder what kind of abuse it might have endured under various owners/drivers.  It is going to cost an arm and a leg for insurance.  We only have your assurance about how mature you are.  

.

I would suggest looking for something just a little older, just a little cheaper (more disposable) and less performance focused.   But if you have the money, go for it.

You may not think you're an idiotic driver but the insurance companies certainly will. Your insurance at that age with that car will be astronomical.

If you want the car, go ahead, but be aware of the added costs you will incur.

Also, if you live in an area with snow, it's not a great car for handling in bad weather conditions.

• Eastside Guz
      1 month agoReport

The 350Z is a well known sportcar even my cousin Sylvia has one. That type of car insurance and your age will probably be more than you can handle unless your parents might help you out.

i dont see why not

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

I see why not. He's a young driver' he's had a driver's license only a short time; the insurance is going to be astronomical; and he can't afford to drive that kind of car..  

• Rick

they seem to be in a lot of single-car crashes ..........................