Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Is it scary to divulge your heart to God?

It can be. You have to face all your deepest secrets. But, once done, it's great.

Why would it be?  He already knows all about it.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Ben

Well it could be if you don't really have a relationship with him. Otherwise, it's natural, normal, and very freeing in fact.

• Doug

Read the Psalms where David pours out his heart to God. The truth is that God loves you infinitely! There is nothing you can tell Him that He doesn't already know. Matt. 11:28-30 says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug
      1 month agoReport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0

It's not scary but a relief because God Alone can show us Mercy if we are honest to admit our sins and struggle to amend our ways. No point in pouring our hearts to anyone else simply because they can't cure it. As St. Augustine once said, "our heart is restless till it finds its rest in Him" because 'only the Creator of the Heart can satisfy it'.

• Jake

A person can battle fear and can have a better relationship with God and the Virgin Mary by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity.

He knows all hearts

Acts 1:24 KJV — And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen.

• Bill

no -- he already knows what is in your heart. The scary bit is he may not forgive you until to clear out the sin by repenting

• TayTay

No, God isn't scary but you should fear the LORD

Only because it is divulging your heart to yourself and making your vulnerable. God already knows your heart. It's like when you've wronged someone. You know you have. They know you have. When you admit to them how you've wronged them, it's not a revelation to them. Rather it is a healing moment between you and them. You are opening yourself up to look honestly at yourself instead of denying and pushing it away. So coming to them heart in hand, that's vulnerability, making yourself vulnerable to them and making yourself vulnerable to yourself, and vulnerability can be scary.