What technically happens in the Minneapolis case if they prosecute all Officers, but the jury delivers a not guilty verdict?

Similar to Rodney King which sparked the 1992 LA riots? Can a judge still legally sentence them with all the evidence on camera?

73 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Then he does like many others has done. HE will go to work for CNN or some other MAINSTREAN NEWS services as a LEGAL EXPERT.. Same has the ones who were aquited in the Rodney Case.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

A lot more rioting and looting businesses is what is going to happen if found Not Guilty.  You think its bad now...wait.  The parallel will resemble what happened in Rodney King case. Right after Rodney King beaters were acquitted; all of La was up in smoke.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

And if this continues they won't have a place to stay

• 1 month ago

Or similar to OJ Simpson. A judge can not override a verdict of not guilty by a jury, they can in rare instances void a guilty verdict. lucky us

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Nope.  Once the jury says "not guilty" that government entity can't charge you with that particular crime.  

The Federal Government could potentially charge them with a different crime. Civil Right Violations.  But that's not murder.  

• 1 month ago

Then they would be released and go into hiding.

• 1 month ago

"Technically" the city would explode again, if at least the cop who keeled on Floyd's neck isn't convicted of some form of murder. I don't think any charges have been filed against the other 3 cops (yet?.)

• rustbucket
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Simple logic testifies that people don't give a damn and would rather riot.

• 1 month ago

Big trouble on the streets my friend.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I am afraid, they are planning to use the same technically, they used in the case of ERic Garner in New York. I was in NY when that happened. I see many similar things in the process. Eric Garner was killed in similar situations. The officer was found no guilty. Last time me and my wife saw that criminal, he was coming out of a New York restaurant very peaceful and wearing a 2000 dollars Giorgio Armani suit.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lili
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You don't know much about medicine, W.T.  What do you think is one of the things that triggers heart attacks?  You really are one of the stupidest posters we have here -- you and your many other accounts. https://www.tandurust.com/heart-health/massive-heart-attack-symptoms.html

• 1 month ago

A judge has to live with the jury's verdict.  If the jury says, "Not guilty", the defendants walk and the riots will, no doubt, continue until Minneapolis is a smoldering ruin.  Then taxpayers will, no doubt, be charged for rebuilding it.

• ...Show all comments
    • bagsy84
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

i think the mindset behind the town destroyers is "if we continue to live in these conditions, so will you"

while those they are asking will say " if you continue to make conditions unlivable then I won't side with you"

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.