Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Should I call social services if I know a mother who is under the influence of drugs while they have their daughter?

If you knew that a woman was taking a lot of cocaine, ecstasy and valium several day of the week would you call social work. I just think it's dangerous for the child when the woman is taking the drugs while the child is in her care and especially in the house while she is taking them. I know people use drugs so they can cope when they can't handle the pressure, but this has played on my mind for months. I feel like if I don't say anything and something happens I would be responsible as I knew and done nothing. 

I would. Who knows the type of environment this child is living in.

It really would depend upon the age of

this daughter but usually it is a good idea

to mind your own in domestic affair's my

Friend *,*

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

of course you should.

• LizB

Abso-fuqing-lutely. Those kind of drugs can alter behavior, cause hallucinations, and/or result in deep sedation, ALL of which could put a child's safety at risk. 

• angie

This is certainly something to think carefully about. Is the child alone with no other adult supervision, what is the child's age, what abuse have you actually witnessed? 

You have a moral and civil responsibility to report it, to Child Protective Services, for the sake of the children.  Do it  now!

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.