My coworker cussed at me should I report her? ?

My coworker was having a discussion with our other coworker (Lindsay) about something on the news and I asked her if she was a Trump supporter like Lindsay. She got REALLY offended and kinda snapped at me she said “my political standpoint is absolutely none of your g^d da#m business and I will not be having a political discussion with you in the office.” then she stormed off. I really didn’t appreciate being cussed and her tone. Should I go to HR and report her? 

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

My boss has a rule: no politics on the job. This has worked very well because he is at one end of the spectrum and I am at the other. We work very well together, because we don't annoy one another with comments that just make people uncomfortable.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You poor Snowflake, don't they have a safe room for you?

• 1 month ago

You should definitely report the matter to the HR. You can also find a new job. You have to update your CV and write it in the best possible way so that you get hired by a good employer. 

• 1 month ago

Give it up. She was a little rude, but you were too--and you need to realize that someone's political stance IS none of your business. Your question was intrusive and your reaction is WAY over the top. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, you need to grow up.

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

GOOD for her!  You had NO right to say what you did to her.  Focus on the job you were hired to do and leave your co-workers alone.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

She's right.  What makes you think that HR would support your nosiness.  It could get you fired.  Learn to shut up.

• DON W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's usually bad to discuss politics at work.  While cussing is bad, I'd leave things as they are.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you want to keep your job, keep your mouth shut.   Initiating a political discussion with her was likely in violation of your company's anti-harassment policy.

• 1 month ago

Did those sticks and stones break your bones?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.