Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Does Jesus have a problem with me wearing too much make up?

My dad says that Jesus wants women and girls to dress in a modest fashion and not to wear excessive jewellery or cosmetics. Does that mean wearing too much make-up is a sin?

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I don't think you are wearing too much makeup.  You look beautiful.  The most important thing is to make sure that your heart is right with God.  If your heart is right with God, it will show on the outside. Sometimes people make a bigger issue out of things than God does.  However, he is your father, and you do need to honor your parents.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

The Bible does prohibit too much make up or self beautification as this is vain. Verses:

"in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing," (1 Timothy 2:9, NKJV)

"Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel" (1 Peter 3:3, NKJV)

The Book of 1Enoch tells us that such a knowledge actually came from the fallen angels:

"... 1 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all 2 colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they 3 were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjaza taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armaros the resolving of enchantments, Baraqijal (taught) astrology, Kokabel the constellations, Ezeqeel the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiel the signs of the earth, Shamsiel the signs of the sun, and Sariel the course of the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven . . . " - Book of 1Enoch (Chapter 8)

Source: http://wesley.nnu.edu/index.php?id=2126

Since obedience is better than sacrifice (1 Samuel 15:22), it may be best to obey these Verses if we can. Obedience is best when lesser people obey it.

Please think of it this way: if one participates in make up, who does it impress? Ourselves or other men while if we refrain, we please God. So, it's a choice and choices for obedience to God always have rewards if not in this life, the next.

Peace to you

• 1 month ago

your dad is right, its clearly written in the bible. you should check out videos about this on youtube, some are titled why i stopped wearing makeup, what the bible says about makeup', etc. also we must obey Jesus to enter Heaven.

• D-Girl
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Make-up won't help you get to Narnia.  It won't prevent you from getting there, either.  Don't get fixated on something like that when there are things of real value to focus on.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's not too much in my opinion. I've seen worse.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Jesus will be mad at you now.

Just kidding, it all depends on where your heart is.

If you love Jesus more than yourself, then you should be fine.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.