Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why do some Christians not believe in the Trinity Doctrine?

Update:

@ Roberta B

Your answer is not visible in my question but only in my notifications. Maybe try to edit the answer to make it appear?

88 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Many people do not believe in the Trinity of Christianity because they want a simple God that fits in with their sense of logic. They want to be able to explain this God to others and not to have to admit that He is transcendent, above and beyond their finite minds. Thus, religious leaders who claim to be able to 'disprove' the Trinity doctrine get a ready following, because this is the most complex doctrine there is. They keep misrepresenting it (because they don't understand it themselves) and this fits in with the thinking of those who don't have enough Bible knowledge or faith to spot errors in their claims and in their Bible translations.

Actually, belief in the Trinity is one of the identifying marks of a Christian, as opposed to a person just claiming to be one. Why? Because it is the Holy Spirit who gives such revelations about the Father, the Son and Himself, and trinity-haters also denigrate the Holy Spirit as well as trying to bring Jesus down a peg or two.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The truth is that the trinity is not a Christian dogma.   Jesus NEVER said he was God.   Jesus always said he was the SON OF GOD.

After Jesus reign of one thousand years, he will hand over the kingdom to his Father, God.    If Jesus was God, then he would not have to hand over the kingdom to anyone.

1 CORINTHIANS 15:24:

"Next, the end, when he HANDS OVER the

Kingdom to his God and Father,

when he has brought to nothing

all government and all authority

and power."

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I do not deny the Father, Son and Holy Spirit but I do not profess to fully understand them. I believe there are many like me who do not fully comprehend God and make their own conclusions. I believe in Jesus and have faith God will teach me all in His time.

• 2 months ago

2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

People don't want to hear the truth.  They want to believe what they want to believe and will find people to tell them what they want to hear.

• ...Show all comments
    • Eug.
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

@Robert De Angelis. Because Jesus was created, as is explicitly stated at Colossians 1:16. He viewed his Father as his God, as is explicitly stated at John 20:17. He was totally in submission to his Father, explicitly stated at John 5:30. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The Trinity Doctrine is at the core of Christianity. There are a few churches/faith systems that call themselves Christian and deny the Trinity. Mormons (LDS) and Jehovah's Witnesses are two examples. Both have histories of denying the Trinity Doctrine, as well as prophesying falsely. If a member of either of these churches tell you that they are Christian, then they really do not know what it means to be a Christian. A third church is a little more difficult, and many consider it to be a fringe church of Christianity. Seventh Day Adventists can legitimately call themselves Christian because they do believe in the Trinity. But their founder, Ellen G. White was a follower of William Miller, a proven false prophet. Her writings overflow with plagiarism, and she added to the Words of the Book of Daniel in order to support her doctrines and beliefs. The Book of Revelation warns that heavy judgments will come to those that add to God's Word, or subtract from it. Needles to say, these three churches are not really Christian denominations, and their members deceive themselves.  

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Anyone who does not believe in the Trinity is not Christian, since the Trinity is an essential belief of Christianity. You cannot reject what Jesus taught, and still claim to be Christian.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

count the stars if you can. they are God. God will tell you there is no trinity

• Ann
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No real Christian doesn't believe in the Trinity Doctrine, which was developed by the Catholic Church, the original Christians.

• ...Show all comments
    • Chi girl
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Since the Catholic Church didn't exist till the Great Schism of 1054, Catholics are hardly the original Christians.  The Christian Church founded at Pentecost was the original and the one which established the Bible canon. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The concept of the Trinity was a late addition to Christianity, a political compromise between those who wanted to deify Jesus and those who considered preservation of Monotheism to be paramount.  The result is to stick Jesus onto the monotheistic God using the Holy Spirit as a kind of spiritual glue.  The result is one god who includes Jesus, making everyone more-or-less happy, if somewhat less logical.

• 2 months ago

Because it isn't in the Bible.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.