is duct tape flammable?

I have a portable air conditioner in my room so I obviously have to have a tube connected from the air conditioner to my window and at some part of the tube my dad had to use duct tape and it feels pretty warm and smells kinda funny. is it gonna catch on fire? 

To answer your question, yes, duct tape IS flammable--meaning it WILL burn--but in your particular case it isn't going to. It may feel warm, but that's because the DUCT is warm. The smell will go away after a time. It's not in any danger of catching fire from sealing the duct to the window. 

no problems, this duct tape is make for air condition

the plastic pipe will melt before the duct tape catches fire . I used duct tap on 

my own portable air conditioner 

If enough heat is being concentrated to ignite duck tape, the duck tape won't be the first thing to ignite.

should be fine.

The adhesive can tend to melt if it gets really hot but duct tape won't ignite under the use you describe.

The exhaust tube is removing heat from the room and emptying outside so it will be warm . . . but not anywhere near hot enough to ignite anything.......but - the heat may be softening/melting the adhesive in the tape.

No moron. Neither is the plastic vent hose.

• Kenny

I used duck tape on my a/c and didn't have any trouble .  Duck and duct are both correct .