is duct tape flammable?

I have a portable air conditioner in my room so I obviously have to have a tube connected from the air conditioner to my window and at some part of the tube my dad had to use duct tape and it feels pretty warm and smells kinda funny. is it gonna catch on fire? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

To answer your question, yes, duct tape IS flammable--meaning it WILL burn--but in your particular case it isn't going to. It may feel warm, but that's because the DUCT is warm. The smell will go away after a time. It's not in any danger of catching fire from sealing the duct to the window. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

no problems, this duct tape is make for air condition

• 1 month ago

the plastic pipe will melt before the duct tape catches fire . I used duct tap on 

my own portable air conditioner 

• 1 month ago

If enough heat is being concentrated to ignite duck tape, the duck tape won't be the first thing to ignite.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

should be fine.

• 1 month ago

The adhesive can tend to melt if it gets really hot but duct tape won't ignite under the use you describe.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The exhaust tube is removing heat from the room and emptying outside so it will be warm . . . but not anywhere near hot enough to ignite anything.......but - the heat may be softening/melting the adhesive in the tape.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No moron. Neither is the plastic vent hose.

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I used duck tape on my a/c and didn't have any trouble .  Duck and duct are both correct .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.