Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Should I break up w my boyfriend bc of a fight I had w his friends or should I get over it?? ?

a few days ago I got into a big fight w his friends bc they were being really immature and commenting abt my family so I got mad and I personally don't think my boyfriend handled the situation well at all. The way he reacted really hurts me because even if he thought it was a stupid fight I just wish that he helped me out. I wanted him to just tell his friends to leave it alone. I felt like I was just being ganged up by his friends. He just thinks it was a really stupid fight. I'm not mad at him for his friends but just how he keeps acting abt the whole thing. Is it fair to break up w him over me fighting w his friends??

basically his friends kept saying over and over again that they bet my moms a milf (which is not the worst thing) its just that they were laughing and trying to make me more irritated and it was obvious they just don't respect girls and think girlfriends are dumb I guess.

It also irritates me the way he spoke to me after saying I should've just let him say those things because he said he though it was funny that I got mad so that's why he kept going further and further. It also hurts that some of the other guys realized it was wrong how far he took it and they called me and apologized because another one of his friends ended up standing up for me when I left and told him off but my boyfriend didn't stand up for me. 

• Robert

If you have discussed it with him and he is being an immature idiot, you probably should find someone more mature.  if you're just mad at him without having expressed your concerns and given him an opportunity to understand and apologize, then no.  You owe him that.

• Alan H

If you so easily get into a slanging match, and if you think it OK to take it out on him, yes you should move on 

• Chanel

He should have defended you. He didn't even have to be aggressive. He could have said something like "hey, leave mother's out of this conversation".

As for he thought it was funny that you got angry then he is not a nice person and you would be better off getting rid of him.

You want strangers to decide for you if you should break up with your boyfriend?

Yes, do break up with him. You're too immature to be in a relationship, and it sounds like he is too.

Or maybe just let his friend time be separate from his you time going forward.

If he doesn't support you - break up and move on.

You can tell the most about your man by two factors;

1. How he treats his mother

2. How he treats you around his friends, and whether or not it's different than when you are alone together. 

Biologically, humans learn affection towards the opposite sex by watching and learning how their parents interact. Girls learn from dad, boys learn from mom. Watch how he treats his mother, and that's how he will treat his wife/girlfriend/partners in the long run.

The second part of that has to do with a Male's incessant need for reproduction. Men, again biologically, are programmed to carry genetic information Y and X chromatids and spread them to as many females as possible during their lifetime. Females carry X and selectively breed with males possessing favorable traits. This is basic natural selection for all sexual reproduction known on this planet.

If he is charming enough to become your boyfriend when it is just you two together, then he is securing his position of value in your life as a favorable partner. If he continues that outside of when you two are in private, then he has an innate bond and genuinely has a respect for you as a person.

If his behavior towards you changes around other male or female friends - especially male - he is establishing dominance over you and his friends by saying to them 'look at my *****, I can do and say anything I want to her and she wont do anything about it' and dominance over you by pretty much the same mechanism. He's showing off the girl who's *** he gets to touch, since that is the extent of affection for you.

Find a new boyfriend.