Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Difference between New York & Los Angeles?

• User

New York starts with an "N".

Wrong category...............

3000 miles.----

New York pays for its sins, Los Angles does not. 

New York City is fairly compact, built along grids, stacked upward buildings, with the nearest ocean the Atlantic. It's a hubbub of culture, mythos, world travel and energy, vitality, robustness and resilience. Yes, it's a gigantic city with the same problems all major cities have. It also has a great public transportation system, allowing one to travel about fairly cheaply. Great food, great sights to see, etc. You know the PR shilling here. But the food does actually deserve to be lauded and the sights are truly jaw-dropping when seen in person. The Statue of Liberty, for instance. 

Los Angeles is more spread out, with buildings not as towering. Earthquakes prompt that, in part. But this city has spread out in all directions because it had the land to do so, unlike NYC, which had to expand upwards, not outwards. It's a diverse place, mostly, depends on which neighborhood you're in. The beaches are rightfully famous. The weather seems monotonously sunny but they do have something called June gloom and the monsoonal rains that hit around Las Vegas also can and do hit the Los Angeles area. The freeways there rightfully should make a grown man cry and do on many an occasion. Don't plan on getting anywhere quick. Know the name of your exit, not just the number. Los Angeles is also laid out in a grid, more or less, with the roads going where you think they do. Unlike Portland or Eugene, for example, where the roads take you to Narnia even with GPS and an actual paper map for reference. 

I like Los Angeles. I've been all over there. I had to drive there. It was scary, white-knuckle it scary at times but I did it. I spent some time in Manhattan, I liked it as well. A very different denser sparky sort of energy there than LA. 

And yeah, you can find real frownie faces about LA. The hydroplaning alone after a slight rain...geez. I'm sure some of you have been told these two alleged bastions of 'libs' are actual dens of Satan. How do you know, dolls, unless you visit there? You don't. 

• Oleg

You should edit and move your question to Polls & Surveys category for proper answers, since this is Religion&Spirituality.

• kswck2

Both have littered with Liberals and homeless. Both are stink holes. Both are overpopulated. But LA has nicer weather. 

One smells like steam and garbage

The other like smog and semen.

• Laila

I love New York 

LA sucks