Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is it bad to strength train everyday ?

I only use my own body weight (so push ups and stuff) I do it for 15min a day with one rest day a week. Is this good? 

you can do a bodyweight workout you can do everyday and not have negative effects or be sore like working out with weights.

I been doing a daily routine for long time with some stretches and bodyweight everyday. Supplemented using resistance bands and kettlebells.

Look back at the strongmen from 100 years ago. You will findout they did bodyweight primarily and added weight training to supplement.

Try doing 2 or 3, 15 minute workout in a day. As example Jennifer Aniston does just that. And NASA did a study in the 60's on doing just 10 pushups every hour. Both examples work well. I have tried them.

So no worry abt it. Actually u could do more like i mentioned. 15 minutes in morning and 15 minutes at night, you will be surprised at the results.

Also add, change or try different variants of those exercises and do some that are more intense or change leverage. You can find many examples on youtube, etc

A great book i found on bodyweight is convict conditioning by paul wade or combat conditioning by mike furey. Both give great exercises and variants.

• .

No. Body weight isn't enough stress to make daily body weight exercises a problem, plus at only 15 mins of various exercises, you aren't taxing it. 

If you want to build muscle, you need to add weights (resistance), and look up some strength workouts on youtube. I'd suggest 45 - 60 mins 3x or 4x a week, without working the same muscle group 2 days in a row. If you want to do full body every time, then do it every other day. 

Without knowing what results you want (what your goal is) it's hard to make good suggestions, but 15 mins of a few body weight exercises isn't going to produce significant results (but it's certainly better than nothing).