Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Is it bad to strength train every day? ?

I only do bodyweight exercises (so no lifting weights) and I do it for 20min everyday if 1 rest day a week. Is this too much? Should I hva emore rest days? 

• .

No. Body weight isn't enough stress to make daily body weight exercises a problem, plus at only 20 mins of various exercises, you aren't taxing it. Interesting you made 2 posts about this back to back, but one was 15 mins and one 20 mins. 

If you want to build muscle, you need to add weights (resistance), and look up some strength workouts on youtube. I'd suggest 45 - 60 mins 3x or 4x a week, without working the same muscle group 2 days in a row. If you want to do full body every time, then do it every other day.

Without knowing what results you want (what your goal is) it's hard to make good suggestions, but 20 mins of a few body weight exercises isn't going to produce significant results (but it's certainly better than nothing).