Ben asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Will I lose my hair? Please read the description?

I am 28 y/o, I have a high hairline/forehead, but I ve been told it has always been like that.

My dad has a high hairline/forehead. Every male including my grandfather on my dad s side of the family have a full head of hair. Some of them are in there 60's & 70's and still have a full head of hair.

My mum's side, my grandfather went bald. I have 6 uncles on my mum's side. 3 of them have started losing hair, and the other 3 still have a full head of hair. All of them are between 50 - 60. So it is hit and miss on my mum s side.

My family, I have 2 brothers, but 1 is a half brother.

My half brother is 40, he still has a full head of hair.

My immediate brother is 35, and his hair loss has accelerated. However, he is on 2 types of medication, which are clozapine & propranolol. They're high doses. He already suffers side effects such as drooling.

I m 28 y/o, and my hairline may have gone back slightly, but not a lot . However, it doesn't look a great deal different on pictures from when I was 20.

What are my chances of having a full head of hair? Will I lose it rapidly in my 30 s or 40 s?

Or will I be like my father, and get into my 60 s with a full head of hair?

Just as a side note, I do take a collagen supplement, which is good for skin, nails, and hair.

My hair, and nails have always been strong. They both grow fairly quickly.

• kelvin

you may and you may not

Theres always a chance you will lose hair. Every guys hair thins out a bit. They say if you want to get an idea about future baldness, look to the men on your mothers side.