Beu asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Is there a glitch going on; have our notifications stopped working; or is this a new direction being taken by yahoo answers?

I notice I can't see any of my contacts under All Categories/what questions they are asking, following etc?

• .

It doesn't appear to be a glitch, but that changes are being made (or have been) and when that happens, it's VERY common for some things to stop working or not work properly as the code is change OR because whomever coded the changes didn't take into account some of the effects it would have, so until the tech staff is aware of issues, they may not realize that change X caused feature Y not to work properly.

It's now 4 hrs after you posted your question. My Notifications are working fine, but as I don't allow followers (contacts) I can't comment on that issue. I'd suggest waiting a day or few to see if that gets rectified or if it appears to be a feature that's been removed. I did see another user mention they had made a suggestion on the feedback forum about not being able to see the activity of the users they follow, so you may want to go to the forum and vote for/comment on their suggestion. https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/924010  The more users who voice their like/dislike of something on the site, the higher chance of that thing being changed.

• Beu1 month agoReport

I think people should follow your suggestion; I miss not being able to follow my contacts activity... for various reasons, I don't go through all the questions listed and miss out without my contacts help!

• Daniel

It Appears Yahoo has messed around with the Layout im seeing some different things this Morning usually its on the Left side but now I can only see the Notifications button if I click on my Username on the Right side of the Page 

It Appears Yahoo has another new Format that there working on they may Phase the Notifications out Possibly since I dont see it on the New Format Page 

• Lee

They've changed the layout. Your notifications can now be accessed by clicking the bell in the top-right corner of your screen. Regarding your contacts' activity, it seems we no longer have that, which is utterly ridiculous because that effectively renders the whole followers system redundant.

Its a glitch. I can find notifications in the usual spot and where Purple Rain said.

If you click on the bell icon (top right) they have moved it to there for some reason.