Joey asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

can you wash your hands with DAWN dish soap?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Yes but it's not wise to do it routinely as it will remove the protective grease layer from your skin. This is likely to lead to dermatitis. That you don't want.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I use it plus with my hands in the dish water every day . I have not developed any issues . 

I also wash my dog with it . About once a month 

• 2 months ago

Of course. You can wash your hands with ANY soap. Dish soap is simply soap that is in liquid form. 

• 2 months ago

I do it all the time, for years.  I don't have dermatitis or any other skin conditions.  Feel free.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, you can. It's not dangerous, after all you put your hands in the suds when washing dishes don't you?

However, as already said, it's not wise to do so regularly. It is designed to remove grease so it can remove the natural oils from your skin and cause no end of problems, especially for those with delicate skin.  If you do, I suggest you use a moisturiser.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well, gee. You put your hands in dishwater with Dawn to wash dishes, so yeah!

• 2 months ago

I do it all the time. Most mechanics keep a bottle laying around to wash the grease and oil off.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can, but it is not a good idea to do it regularly as it can be harsh on sensitive skin, making it dry and flaky.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes but constantly doing it can strip your hands of moisture and make them too dry.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.