Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Parents: Would you punish your 17 year old son for purchasing ginger beer from a grocery store?

It’s illegal in America to purchase any type of beer under the age of 21, and ginger beer is a type of beer. Would you punish your 17 year old son if he broke the law by purchasing ginger beer?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Ginger beer is just the name of a soda drink. It has zero alcohol content. I know this because my father used to drink loads of the stuff and he didn't touch alcohol. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

I believe it is in the non-alcohol category.  The store should know - call them.  It is fermented like beer where as ginger ale is much more carbonated water but the two are similar and non alcoholic.

• 1 month ago

no hes vibing. if he bought it with anything but his money then its a problem

• 1 month ago

Ginger beer is a type of non-alcoholic SODA. It's not beer. A child can buy it if they want to.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ginger beer, like root beer, is non alcoholic and is considered to be a soft drink, the same way the Coke and Sprite are soft drinks. So NO, I wouldn't.

• 1 month ago

How did he purchase it if it was alcoholic and it's illegal to sell alcoholic beverages to anyone under 21? Does that mean he has a fake id? Or, could it be that ginger beer is akin to root beer and actually has no alcohol content? 

• Starlight 1
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Ginger beer is a soft drink. It's not alcoholic and never has been. It's made from ground ginger root- and ginger is a spice. If you've ever eaten pumpkin pie, you've eaten something made with ginger.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Really pathetic trolling attempt.

• 2 months ago

Not all beer contains enough alcohol to be illegal.

• ...Show all comments
    • linkus86
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Wrong,  Ginger Beer made in the past had up to 11% alcohol, and today has none at all OR up to .5% exactly like other beers.the FDA deems "non - alcoholic".

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is illegal to purchase alcoholic beverages. What have i been doing when they sold root beer in the high school cafeteria?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ginger beer is a carbonated soft drink.  Just like Ginger Ale isn't really ale. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.