Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

If Trump had to go on unemployment and had only had a couple hundred dollars in savings?

would he be happy with a $400 unemployment check each month for four months?  That's a lot of money and four months is a long time.   

People in his position are completely clueless about how hard life is for the working class. 

No, he would not. He is rarely happy about anything.

Try again, this time with some facts. 

Those who lost their jobs these last 3 months are getting their state unemployment benefits, plus another $600 a week from the Feds. 

In my state, were I to go on unemployment right now, I'd be making $1,800 a month in normal benefits + up to another $2,400 in that Federal additional money.

$400 a month?  Try $4,200 a month!  Yeah, I can live pretty good on that.

• Daddio

The check comes from all those closed businesses and laid off workers, not from thin air.

Perhaps we shouldn't have locked down the entire economy for a virus that primarily causes deaths among the elderly.

$400 is a whole lot of doing nothing.