ED asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Is social distancing still a thing?

My family and I are still social distancing. We only go out once a week for the essentials. But on social media over the past 3 days I have noticed lots of people enjoying themselves with friends (I.e. hair salons, pool parties and sleepovers). So have I missed something?

• Edna

You sure have missed something. In many states, corona virus restrictions and recommendations were lifted on May 1, and that included social distancing and lock-downs. 

People in those states are going to the beach or pool; going out with friends; going to hair salons; going to bars; dining in restaurants, etc. In general, they're doing the same things they did before this whole corona virus thing ever got started. 

I don't think I'll get a lot of likes for this but honestly I'm here on Earth to enjoy it while I'm alive. I'm in my thirties and know we all will die one day anyways, I'm not here to worry more. I still keep my distance for my safety but I still do take out for food and I still go for walks by myself. Life just seemed better when I had friends but it depends on what state you live in too. 

• Hannah1 month agoReport

that's a nice outlook haha, however social distancing is not just for your safety! it is to protect others who are more prone to getting the virus. just because you want to have fun and have no worries does not mean you should ignore what is going on around you in the world. the virus is not over.

Depends on where you are and what the rules there are. 

• Alan H

They are being foolish and anti social

You are being sensible 

Keep it up

• D1218

Depends. In most places it's required. People say we should always do it. Sadly, people refuse like they'll never catch.

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

D1218:  Not in MOST places. This country can't continue to follow corona virus restrictions & recommendations forever; especially not now that  the virus is beginning to fade away here. For our  emotional well-being & for the country's economy, we have to get back to normal quickly as possible. 

nope people are just stupid and have decided for themselves that the pandemic is "over". it's not. please stay inside and keep social distancing.

• Hannah1 month agoReport

but why then are people not looking at the statistics and still staying inside? doesn't matter what governors are saying...the US is clearly doing something wrong given how many people are dying. so people need to just use common sense.

No you havent missed anything.  As things open up again everyone is having to figure out our own path.  Do we have health issues that we need to protect.  Do we feel best being very careful and taking care with our health.  Or are we careless and feel fine going out and doing anything we want to.  Its what you feel is best for you and your family.  Of course everyone should social distance and wear a mask, but many won't.  You should do the right thing and take care.