sean asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

are ONN TV's bad quality? I can not stand the way it makes my video games on my ps4 look like....?

its killing me.i hate it.yet my parents get agrivated that im being (picky) about quality of display....yet I see the difference in this TV compared to what I use to have....

Oh well. If you bought the good one yourself you couldn't complain.

• ron h

a lot of older games do better on older CRT TV's that you can get for free on Craigs list.  I dunno about newer games.  CRT's have a much faster refresh rate. If you get one of them, you may need an adapter to connect it to your 'puter.

TV's WHAT?????

• Robert

A bad quality inter-connect lead can also affect picture quality. Use a fully screened lead with individual screens on the internal cables to minimise crosstalk. Used to be a problem with older analogue SCART cables. Digital cables maybe less so because of further stages in signal processing but may show itself with the higher bit-rate used with 4K resolution.

• Robert
      1 month agoReport

Older SCART tv's did not have signal filters. Used to show up with odd picture hues or break-up interference.

They’re not bad quality in terms of reliability.

But they are a budget brand using older technologies to keep the manufacturing costs to rock bottom.

It’s entirely good enough for gaming for the vast majority of people and as you’re moaning about what your parents chose to buy you, yes, they’ll obviously be aggravated as it’s a demonstration to them that you’re ungrateful and a disappointment to them that you’re showing signs of having been spoiled in the past.

Guess what? With that attitude they’re going to think twice about getting you expensive gifts again.

Unless you want to earn your own money and buy your own tech then you’ll have to learn to appreciate what you have. when you DO earn your own money I guarantee that once you know how hard or how long you had to work to earn that cash you will think carefully about whether to buy the expensive “best” or the cheaper “adequate”.

It’s not my intention with what I’ve typed to be negative about you personally; I’m merely pointing out that you need to think carefully about what message your attitude is sending your parents. Also, don’t forget: they were your age once. So if your current TV just “breaks down” after what you’ve been saying then they won’t be in any hurry at all to replace it and might not do so at all.

The only brands of TVs that ANYONE should buy are

Samsung, Sony. Toshiba, Hitachi, and :LG.

There is no point in asking about any other TV brands

because they are not worth anyone's money.

It's sad that Panasonic, which Was The Best brand, gave up on TVs.

• ron h
      1 month agoReport

I dunno if hitachi is still made (in china) by hitachi.  I think they sold that name to a garbage company.  Yeah, Panasonic was good TV's and stereo's

You don't like it, so it's bad. Maybe your game is input through some other device, such as a dvd/VCR recorder and that weakens the signal, Try inputting the game directly to the TV and see if the image improves.

• ron h
      1 month agoReport

That's a weird assumption.  And about zero chance it's true

• P

You get what you pay for.  A lot of regular TV watching won't make a huge difference because the quality of the content isn't good enough, but a ps4 is capable of a superior image and if you don't have a good tv it will be very noticeable.  ONN is a walmart brand tv.  They are made to sell for cheap as a value brand.  Of course your parents will be irritated since the TV is paid for and not going anywhere.  You have to spend around $1000 for a decent TV, but most people don't care enough to spend that kind of money when there's TV's for much less.  

• Robsteriark

Sadly you’re confusing the words “want” and “need”. The only things you need are a loving  home, food, education and adequate clothing. Everything else is non-essential.