wake up early but fall back asleep for hours bc of dreams?

I’m having this really bad problem where i get a well rested 8 hours of sleep, wake up at a normal time but fall back asleep for

hours

because i cant stop dreaming. For example, last night I went to bed at 11 pm and woke up at 7am. I felt well awake but after a few minutes i fell back asleep and woke up at 9. I was up for a bit then woke up at 11. I was up for a bit then woke up at 2. Ive always had problems with sleeping (going to bed way too late or not at all) but nothing like this. The thing is, during these cycles i have extremely vivid dreams. not lucid but multiple dreams i wake up and can remember majority of. what the hell is this??

It might be hormonal or metabolic issues that are leading to sleeping problems for you - you could try to deal with it by taking supplements that can help you react to weight issues at a proper rate - you could try turmeric or magnesium and maybe go on a weight loss trip to see if it helps 

• livi4 weeks agoReport

Love the feedback but Im actually only 100 pounds at 5'3" which is pretty normal considering my height group, but it could a hormonal issue. Thanks!

"I've always had problems with sleeping, going to bed way too late or not at all." You have the answer right in your question. Your body is used to the rhythm you have set yourself, in times passed.  But your mind doesn't recognize the fact that your Life has changed and you need to getup NOW! The best thing to do is get up immediately when you wake up.  That way your mind has no option to fall back to sleep.  You can get a handle on these bothersome dreams by writing them out in a dream journal, and then sooner or later your brain knows the outcome of a dream before it ends.  It takes the guessing out of dreaming.  Try these few things, and I hope they help you. 

you cant wake up well rested then fall back asleep...unless you are not getting out of bed...but you are dreaming a lot because of something...maybe stress?

• Zirp

Most likely is that you personally need more than 8 hours.

maybe lay off the coffee/energy-drinks ?