Why do all different bibles teach different "truths"?

59 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The only 'truth' there is in any so called holy book, is the fact that it was all written by man.  Silly outdated superstitious nonsense and woo woo produced from a primitive mind with no understanding of the natural world around them or how it worked.

• ...Show all comments
    • O4 weeks agoReport

sk8, how many holy books are you familiar with? How many have you studied?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

No, people add traditions made up by humans.  Jesus himself condemned such a practice when he quoted his God and Father:

This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.  It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, teaching the commands of men as doctrines.  Matthew 15:8-9

For instance, when he gave us what many now call the Lord's Prayer, people turned it into a repeated ritual, exactly what he said should not be done in prayer:

7 When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. 8 So do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need even before you ask him.  Matthew 6:7-8

Instead of multiplying man-made unscriptural doctrines and teachings, which divide people according to human words, Jesus taught this:

If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  John 8:31-32

The first thing that Jesus taught us to pray for after addressing our Father in heaven, is to hallow, or sanctify his name.  He did so himself, and said that he did:

6 “I have made your name manifest to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word.

26 I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”

John 17:6,26

One thing that has been taken out of most Bibles is the name of God, Jehovah or Yahweh about 7000 times (there are other translations according to language)  Jesus never recommended that people do that, especially since he said those words in John 17.

Jesus condemned moral practices that are against God's will as things that defile a person:

“That which comes out of a man is what defiles him. 21 For from inside, out of the heart of men, come injurious reasonings: sexual immorality, thefts, murders, 22 acts of adultery, greed, acts of wickedness, deceit, brazen conduct, an envious eye, blasphemy, haughtiness, and unreasonableness. 23 All these wicked things come from within and defile a man.”

Mark 7: 20-23

Instead of fitting in with the world and its materialistic, unloving haughty attitudes, those who follow Jesus must be

"..the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain. 15 People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house. 16 Likewise, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens."

When Christians live that way in their own lives, it becomes easy to follow what Jesus did. Jesus taught that those who believe in him will do the works that he did. John 14:12   What he did was: 

"Shortly afterward he traveled from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God. And the Twelve were with him. "

Luke 8:1

"14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

Matthew 24:14

The Bible, the 66 books which have the greatest evidence that they actually were written by people of faith under God's inspiration, teaches these things and more.  This is what all of mankind should learn, study, and follow for everlasting life.

As Jesus told his Father who he loves:

"3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ."

John 17:3

Source(s): Here are Online Bible Study Lessons, with no cost or commitment, only some of your time: https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/online-lesso...
    • ...Show all comments
    • Roberta B
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

The image is not the person-an image that you see in the mirror is not the person that is being reflected.Jesus is the image of the invisible God because he SAID he does what he sees his Father do. John 8:28-29 Jesus' knowledge is not the same because he SAID "The Father is greater than I"John 14:28

• 1 month ago

What do you mean by 'different Bibles'?

There is essentially one Bible, based on the original texts in Hebrew and Greek (and some Aramaic).

There are many translations into different languages.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Different bibles do NOT teach different truths. 

The differences we find in Christianity occurs when people interpret the Bible. People can interpret the Bible to meet their own expectations. 

• No the truths taught by the new world edition and the KJV differ greatly from several other bibles

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ann
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There are two Bibles: The Catholic Bible and the King James Version. (I don't remember what the latest version of the Catholic Bible is called.) The Catholic Bible was compiled in the late 4th century. The first King James Version was written in 1611, or 1300 YEARS after the original. 75 books were removed from the original Bible to print the King James Version because those books didn't go along with the Protestant agenda.

• ...Show all comments
    • Kazoo M
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The latest Catholic bible: NAB. The Protestant Church did not remove 75 books, 7 were removed. The dilemma was not a Protestant agenda. The English consulted the Jewish Authority that stated ALL books written in Greek should be removed. Oddly, all of the NT is written in Greek; infancy mistakes...

• Brian
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Its not that the Bibles teach different truths. 

Its peoples interpretations of what the Bible says that changes.

• Williams1 month agoReport

II PETER 1:20-21!

ACTS 1:2!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They don't.------------

• Williams1 month agoReport

II PETER 1:20-21!

ACTS 1:2!

• 1 month ago

You don't even give us ONE example of what you mean! So, what do you mean? What various 'truths' are taught in various translations of the Bible? Until you support you Q with sources, you are just making an unfounded claim. Have you personally read two different translations and spotted any conflicting truths between them? No, I thought not.

Having said that, there are a few modern translations produced by fringe groups who have vested interests in promoting their anti-Trinitarianism, or their end-time preoccupations etc, and they may be guilty of twisting the existing truth in the Bible. But they never got those 'variations on the truth' from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic texts of the actual Bible. I could give examples, but you need to do your own homework before posting vague and possibly prejudiced questions.

• ...Show all comments
    • Annsan_In_Him
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Williams, your granny-type rantings indicate a mind that is becoming unhinged. If you had the mind of Christ you would be gracious, even in your criticisms, but you are full of hatred and vitriol. That is not the Spirit of Christ.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are some very poor translations of the Bible, like the King James Version, that have many errors. However, there are a good number of excellent translations which teach exactly the same truths, even though some of the wording may be different.

• 1 month ago

People who don't understand the bible, writes down what they "think" it says, and you have a new translation.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.