claire asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Help with panic attacks?

Over the last few weeks I’ve had several panic attacks and I’m just sick of them. I’m fed up of feeling anxious everyday and fear having a panic attack

I’ve got a Drs apt next week but I’m really struggling with them so any tips/methods to help deal with a panic attack and anxiety would be appreciated 

The more you resist Panic attacks, the more they will persist. The worse you think they are, the worse they'll be. Panic is a Paradox. If you master panic then you'll see what I'm talking about.

Quick tips

You can end or shorten a panic attack with proper breathing. This has to do with the Oxygen in the bloodstream. If you breath shallow, then you're more likley to panic.  Look into practicing Belly Breathing along with Meditation.

Stay Hydrated

Eliminate or cut back on caffeine and nicotine

For the long term, look into meditation and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Dr. David Burns and Claire Weekes are good authors to look into. Therapy Methods like ACT and RET are also helpful. Not one therapy model works for everyone, so you might have to spend some time studying until you find something that resonates with you.

The first time I felt a panic attack, I thought I was having a heart attack. It was at the cinema and I left right at the beginning of the movie and right to the hospital. It was the worst feeling I ever had. Over the course of months I had several replies and did not know how to deal with it. Until I realized that it was the stress and pressure of many situations occurring at that time. My sick father in the hospital, my job, etc. almost everything bad. Result, the body reacts and activates the security system. The first thing you should do is to take a deep breath several times and walk calmly in one direction and not in turns. Think at that moment that your nervous system is decompressing and that's it. Don't keep anything to yourself, if you have something to say to someone, say and solve every problem you have with someone. Do not allow anyone to control or manipulate you. Never. Face everything like a warrior and live according to your terms always respecting everyone. But marking your position in what is most important to you.

1) Slow your breathing. Do this by taking 10 very slow deep breaths generally twice as long on the exhale as inhale. In through your nose and out through your mouth. 

2) Change the focus of your mind. Use positive self-talk. 

3) Channel your focus and energy into something else.

4) Realize it will pass. Nobody has ever died from anxiety. My worst attacks usually go away within an hour or two. 

Long-term- Focus on eating better particularly B vitamins and magnesium. Learn about Cognitive behavioral therapy. Practice medtitation/relaxation three times a day to essentially reset your body's normal response.

I'll add the first paragraph of the BA is correct. Anxiety is self-perpetuating. If you withdraw from activities it will get much worse. Challenge yourself to overcome your fears with very small goals at first. 

I've had panic and anxiety attacks before, and best thing that helped me was what has mentioned here: deep breathing, watching a movie (comedy in my case),  doing some kind of exercise, or just getting your mind off of whatever it is, or whatever it isn't, that's on your mind at the time. I'm not sure if into video games or not, but that has helped me out a lot as well. Getting up and moving around is also a bugy help. Sitting or laying in one spot has proven to be the worst thing for me. And that really sucks for someone that's bedridden or in a place where they have limited movement or freedom of movement for some reason. 

Do exercises   

maybe you should see a psychiatrist about it , they can give you meds for it

• FCA1975
      1 month agoReport

Medicine is not always the best answer for panic attacks. Or for a lot of things for that matter. 

I honestly am having the same problems as you. what helps me is watching a comedy movie. exercising for some reason everyday and when im anxious, and having a bath while watching a movie, and lastly talking and writing about my problems. stay away from any horror movie or depressing sad music and stay away from vilolnce and experically the news it puts fear in us that's the point of the news,  

• FCA1975
      1 month agoReport

Very good advice! Listening to Chris Rock once got me out of a really bad anxiety state. It took me awhile to understand exactly how beneficial it was to laugh. 

This answer, rated Best, 5 Stars, has a variety of useful information.

https://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...