Ender772 asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

How to get a smell out of my car that should not be in my car? How can a smell linger?

So i went on a date with a girl last week..Well she has cats,, because she smelled like cat piss/ BUt even though she was only in my car for 20 minutes, my car reeks of cat piss. it has for 2 weeks and i have had the windows down a lot and still nothing helps...How do i get rid of this smell...i feel like that seinfeld episode

• *****

I would try an "air sponge". They come in little tubs, and I've seen unscented and scented versions. I usually come across them in hardware stores, but I'm sure you can find them online as well. Put it under the passenger seat and give it a bit of time. I find they do a good job absorbing odors. You can also try shampooing your upholstery at a car wash. If those measures fail, a more effective but considerably more expensive solution is to pay someone to detail the inside of your car and do an ozone treatment for odor.

• Ender772
      1 month agoReport

sounds like a plan

You might have to resort to an ozone treatment at a car detail place.  Those ozone machines work miracles.  Don't ask me how I know...lol. 

You will have to take the area that the person sat in and apply a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide to it that should kill the smell.