Need encouragement/ advice?

My gf and I broke up 6 days ago. We were together for 5 years and the big reasons why she broke it off was because I didnt want to move with her and compromise about it due to our jobs. I've also neglected the relationship and took her for granted and didnt show her I cared which I truly do. Shes the love of my life. She said she still loves me and that the break up doesnt have to be forever, but I need to work on myself and resolve issues that hurt the relationship. She wanted time to get clarity as well. I'm starting therapy this week to talk to someone about all of this and to start improving myself. All I want to do is reach out to her and talk to her but I know I need to give her space. She gave me her new address for me to write to her but the question that's tearing me apart is how long do I wait? I've realized I made the biggest mistake in my life by not moving with her and that she is my future. I just need some insight and encouragement to get me through this dark place I'm in.

I don't think it's fair she is placing the blame soley on you for the relationship here! She was the one who wanted to move (for whatever reason), it doesn't mean that the onus

was on you to uproot your life just to appease her.

This is the thing when it comes to people wanting vastly different things, it means one person is required to give up everything, while the other person doesn't compromise here in the situation.

While its always good to better oneself in life, I also don't think you are to blame here in this, neither is she per say! The issue is that both of you want very different things in life here, that's normal, it just means that neither of you are the right fit for each other.

Sure you could drop your job and move out to be with her, but it wouldn't work! You would eventually wind up resenting her for forcing your hand, and it would lead to a nasty break up.

Just let her go, the right person is out there.

idk what else to tell you besides to go move in with her

you'll be okay