Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 month ago

Martial arts used by navy SEALs?

I wanna be like one.  I heard once that they use MMA, then I heard BJJ, then I heard one thing and then another.

So what do they use?

Whatever they are contracted to. It depends abt every 9 years or so it changes.

or example the USMC used it between 1989 and 1998, and then from 1998 through to 2007 for the US Army Special Forces(Green Beret).

And it would also depend on which SEAL Team you are in.

Also you have to think logically on things. Like what the scope of the assignments are. Chances are anything going to ground is out. Another is hip throws. In LINE they eliminate hip throws so you do not get tangled in each others combat belt and gear.

And you have to understand this. Martial arts for civilian use differs greatly from military use. 2 different mind sets, 2 different training skills, techniques used by military are designed to incapacitate or eliminate a threat. Where as civilian is more geared to tournaments and self defense.

Also hand to hand is a last ditch effort. In case you have no weapon, you have no ammo, or where stealth is involved.

Source(s): Benn there, done it

All kinds of martial arts... It isn't set in stone. Grappling first, then you choose whether or not you want to do striking or grappling or no more at all I think at least.