Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Why didn't he scold me in front of my mom?Is it because he didn't have the guts?Is this a good person?

I had been to my uncles city because my grandfather was admitted in the hospital.We went to help him take care of my grandfather.

So me and my cousin was tasked to help my dad and uncle by delivering food, medecines and supplies for my grandfather.

He was admitted in the ICU so it was mandatory that an attendant or family member waits in the reception 24/7 so that the doctor can give updates.

So one night we were supposed to deliver food for my grandfather.We were told by our moms to give it and return immediately and don't hang in there.

So we handed it over and my uncle was like "wait" and i was like let's go and we just came back.

The next morning my uncle spoke to me in regard to that incident (in my moms absence) and scolded me for just running away that night.He was gonna spend the night in the reception that day and he wanted me to join him which i didnt want to.

Then he called me lazy, useless and good for nothing because i didn't want to join him.Of course he didn't say it in front of my mom.She was the one who told me not to stay there.

maybe he didnt want your mom to hear him scolding you

Sounds like your uncle's going through a lot stress with his father in serious medical condition.

Tell HIM that, just say mom did not want me to stay, if ya gonna yell at someone yell at her.

That's him calling you lazy and useless and good for nothing TWICE very recently. Once for not cleaning up HIS Dad's **** and now for not keeping HIM company. I've sat alone in hospital waiting rooms a lot through my husband's surgeries. Often wished I had company. But it's never occurred to me to be rude and mean to other people because they didn't want to stay with me! I think your Uncle sounds like a jerk. Or, maybe he wants to step in as a strong adult male figure in your life. Talk to your Mom about it. Sorry.