Do people take self defense class because they get beat up a lot when they was younger or what?

Like boxing karate or something seems like everyone doing mma to seems like everyone is owned guns or take classes I know most people lose they first street fight but I won my first street fight

I’d say yes and no, self defense is a good skill to learn especially in this era when **** can pop off at any minute. But their are people who do reflect on the past & makes them want to learn how to defend them self’s due to past beatings.

Sometimes, people learn martial arts for fun? To express themselves. I did martial arts not to fight, but in order that I could have a little fun. And I still do practical martial arts.

I just keep a taser with me. I'm not interested in having a fist fight with some idiot when I can just zap him and walk away.