Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

What, other than money, is a reason that younger women are attracted to older men?

Sometimes I get hit on by younger women, and it can't be totally about the money. I'm ok looking, somewhat overweight, generous, kind, smart, but some would consider me a loser in other ways--my accomplishments aren't appealing to the mass, let's say--they weren't/aren't that lucrative, but more creative. So, I am attracted to younger women, but I'm not often sure of what they mean when they seem to come on to me a little. How does an older guy keep a younger woman's interest? Or, attract the younger woman in the first place?

Most women would choose older men naturally without feminist brainwashing.  

Women are naturally attracted to wisdom, men of authority, and they want to feel secure which younger men usually cannot offer. 

And some women are strong enough to shake off the feminist brainwashing and choose men they like based on their character, not age and other shallow criteria.  

• .1 month agoReport

So anyone that challenges feminism is a mysoginist? Feminism is not to be challenged or questioned ??? 

I don’t know. Maybe I’ve wondered the same thing myself in my younger years. But at the age I am now in with the experiences I’ve had in life so far, I would say that women are just trouble basically. If you think there’s something fortunate about getting hit on by a younger woman, yeah there may be some benefits in the beginning but eventually these things tend to fall apart. In my own life and experience anyway. But I hope you have better luck than I have

I have heard the younger woman say the maturity level is better than a guy her own age

• Janet

Read "maturity" as "financial stability".  Only insecure women go for that.

I'm gay, so i'll answer this question as well. 

When money isn't involved, I like older men because they are wiser, more settled, dependable, he provides me sense of safety, makes me feel like if something happened to me I can depend on him, just lay on his shoulders.

My husband is my age, but one of the things that attracted me to him back in the day was that he was a man, not a boy, unlike many of the guys my age (mid to late 20's). Self-confidence without the *********, maturity, being able to take care of himself without any risk of me falling into the mothering role.

Many of the men I was attracted to back then were older, I just found them more interesting, easier to relax with, and with less "games" being played. Of course there were exceptions, age it not always a sign of maturity.

I think part of it was also a result of my upbringing. The men in my family were very much boys, including my father, and unsurprisingly my first boyfriend was the same, I wrote his job applications, CV, called the doctor for him, did all the grown up stuff, and I was sick of it, I wanted an equal partner.

EDIT to Lisa: Did you mean to write your comment to me?

I never wrote that I was sick, just sick of taking care of my ex-boyfriend, doing things for him that he should have been able to do for himself.

And I'm not sure what part of what I wrote gave you the idea that I was unable to take care of myself? I haven't seen myself as a little girl since I was a child.

When I met my husband, we were both dirt poor students, and I had been providing for myself for the past 7-8 years (I moved out early due to a toxic home environment). If I wanted someone to provide for me, he certainly was not the best choice at that point.

I’m attracted to older men because I like the idea of being with someone much older. Also the financial stability and security I assume they might have. And if they look really good for their age I might be able to actually have a serious relationship with them. Go ahead and call me shallow. 

You said it yourself: Generous. Kind. Smart. Not all younger women are gold-diggers. Some just want some deeper sorts of relationships with men who are all of those things. If they don't, then you can be pretty sure it's about the money. 

Probably a fun and experience thing. They think younger guys are boring and immature. 

They will soon have the money.

If the man is stable then that is a turn on. Home, car, and great job, shows he is a real man and she can feel secure. Some younger men just want to have fun and mooch off women. Some are fine by barely surviving as long as they can party. A real woman wants someone she can see a future with and not have to babysit. Some women do like money and are gold diggers.