Anonymous

Can you go to the doctor now?

I live in Texas, and I want to visit my family doctor for a referral to a urologist. However, I'm not sure if we are allowed to with the coronavirus going on.

• Edna

Call your doctor's office and ask if he's seeing patients.

I live in Texas too, and I've been going to see my doctor throughout the corona virus. 

In case you're not aware, the Governor of Texas lifted almost all recommendations and restrictions concering the corona virus on May 1. I can see no reason why you wouldn't be able to make a appointment with your family doctor.

Not only are doctor's offices doing video visits (I've had three while going through cancer treatments), they are skipping primary exams and referring straight to specialists. 

• Cathy

Yes I can.  I have been visiting a chiropractor once a month for a year now. 

You can see your doctor for normal problems.

• J

Instead of asking here where nobody really knows the answer, why don’t you ask your doctor? Some doctors are seeing patients in the office and some aren’t. My primary care doctor had me do a video appointment and he referred me to a dermatologist. The dermatologist saw me in his office. You won’t know if you don’t ask. 

• Tulip

Call the office and ask....duh

Call your doctor and get your appointment.

• kelvin

why not call them and ask

Pick up your phone, dail the doctor's number.  When they answer ask your question.

Only they, not internet strangers, know the correct answer.

You'll need to call your doctor's office since not all offices are the same.

I work in an office with 2 doctors.

We are seeing patients on a limited basis.