Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 month ago

why does everyone use google?

It tracks everything they do and has a huge monopoly. I get they own youtube but they are a monopolistic tracking company that disguises themselves as a search engine like yahoo.

Update:

MY SON WROTE THIS HELP ME DELETE IT

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

i personally use duckduckgo

tell your son to use duckduckgo if he hates goggle so much :p

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

No i use Alta Vista

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most people are not tech literate because of that marketing worked really well and since bing and yahoo are not exactly known for search engine, though yahoo is a little bit more, yahoo was really known for their email while bing is just microsoft's search engine, Microsoft was known for the computers first.

• 1 month ago

I use DuckDuckGo as a default search engine for security, but it is robust as Google and fast.  I used both side by side for months and settles on DuckDuckGo.  

• Sam4 days agoReport

also ddg does not give so called personalized ansswers, ask for free movie download and bam you are on torrent site, try this in google and they will throw amazon, or netflix or hulu

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Enigma
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They shouldn't be using Google,Bing,Yahoo or AOL for web searches. Instead they should be using these private and secure search engines:

GIBIRU,MetaGer,Startpage,DuckDuckGo,Lukol,Swisscows,Searx,Qwant,Mojeek,Search Encrypt,Yippy,Discrete Search,or Oscobo

• 1 month ago

cause we want to learn about stuff

• JB
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You are the one who just posed as an "old man" trying to use Google. 

• 1 month ago

It's easy, fast, and convenient.  And can provide instant information on just about any subject.  How is that not irresistible?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.