turned one of my 2 routers into an access point - now its showing i have 21 wired connections, when in reality i only have 5. whats da deal?

• Neil

To the router, those ARE wired connections.

I would question where you are getting the info on "connections" from.  Many devices on your network will have multiple connections running at once, which has absolutely nothing to do with their wired or WiFi links!

How did you set up the access point?  I assume that you have the one router set up for wifi connections.  then it connects back to the second router which acts as a gateway to the Internet.

Normally that second router will be wired back to the first router.  (Otherwise you are killing the performance if it is connected back by wifi.)

So anything connected to the access point is going to show up on the first router as a "wired" connection because the information is coming to the router over the "wire" from the access point.