Can I sue google posting fraudulent adds that caused money from my bank account to be stolen?

I was trying to renew my drivers license so I typed it into google to do it online... the first thing that pops up is renew your license so I did and apparently it’s some Indian company scamming people. My question really is Google responsible for posting fraudulent scam adds on top of searches?

Google are morons,everything is automated and they don't have a clue what's going on,i was blocked from my own gmail account that stopped me getting to my you tube channel,i used Linux on and off,nothing happens,i get windows 10 and its bleating i'm on a new device,on their employment form it must say you don't have to have your thumb up your **** to work here but it helps......................

• Smokie

So many thing wrong with this scenario. First of all, don't search for something when you can easily type the url in directly. Second, know where you are before you enter your personal or credit card info. Make sure you are on the correct site. Make sure the connection is secure and the address in the bar matches where you expect to be. I hate Google as much or more than anyone but they are not the bad guys in this situation. You want to sue Google for not verifying that their customer is who they say they are and safe and legit to keep you safe. You failed to do what you expected Google to do.

Now one thing you should do is, report the scam site to Google with all the details of what you typed in the search and what you clicked and so on.

Nope, you gave them your details without checking, your error.

• A

no, it is up to each user to be sure the link is credible

Your fault for falling into this common technique.