How do i delete 42,000 unread emails in my yahoo inbox?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

This is a popular question and there are many answers to will work.

One answer would be to close your account.  Once your account is deactivated and marked for deletion all the emails will be deleted when the account is deleted.

Another answer would be to create a new folder called "Deleted Email" and then move all the email you want to delete into this folder.  Once you have done that you can right-click on that folder and select "Empty folder".  The only downside is the more emails you put in the folder the longer that will take to work so I would keep the emails you move into that folder to under a 1,000 before trying to empty it.

• 6 months ago

By deleting them regularly. Now you'll have to do it the long way.

Peace.

• martin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Click the top box button and it will highlight all the emails below and give you the number of emails. Then click Delete, then click you are Sure you want to delete them. May take many rounds of doing this if you have thousands to delete.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You can delete up to 100 emails at a time in Full-featured Mail or 1 page at a time in Basic Mail. Put a check in the box at the top left of the message list to select all and then hit Delete: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln28054.html

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.