If I’m in my Jeep can I unlock it from the inside without setting alarm off ?

I’m sleeping in my Jeep at my campsite and I I’m already in the vehicle and the alarm is on. I don’t have my keys or anything . Can I still lock the door from the inside of the front door without setting the alarm off

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If you want to exit without setting off alarm, use the unlock button. It will deactivate alarm (if you even have one.)

If you're worried that much, take a lead off the horns, or pull the fuse.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes! Assuming its a relatively newer jeep.

• 2 months ago

It depends on whether the key is in the ignition or in close proximity to the car if it is one of those proximity keys. If it's more old school and the doors were locked while you were in the car and then you open the car lock while inside, no key in ignition with engine running, then the alarm will go off or the doors will lock shut and not let you out unless there is a manual unlock knob or lever.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You don't have your keys yet here you are in the car....eff off troll girl

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

"..can I unlock it from the inside..."

"Can I still lock the door from the inside..."

Since you have yet to make up your mind in this question, no guessing for you.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Manually, probably not, but a logical and intelligent person would just go test what happens instead of asking here because you haven't told us what sort of car alarm you have and we're not clairvoyant. I suggest that you keep your remote handy and lock / unlock your car from the inside that way. That's what I do, but then common sense comes naturally to me. 

• 2 months ago

one try and you will know.  By the way where are your keys if you are inside without them ?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Try it and you will know the answer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.