Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 3 months ago

What to do about my son being bullied and assaulted at school?

I am beyond myself and don't know what to do. I can use some answers from the community, as this whole thing is unbelievable at this point and it is very hard for me. My son is a freshman in high school and hates it there. The abuse happened in middle school but it's worse now.   

The girls in his class are incredibly cruel to him on a daily basis. Usually the bullying happens in homeroom. This group of about 3, are the "popular" girls in the class and my son is very introverted.    

He tells me that it starts with verbal abuse calling him horrible names like "loser", "worthless" and "pathetic boy." The class laughs at him and the teacher does nothing. This then quickly escalates to kicking his chair and throwing pencils and notebooks at him after class.   

He said they held him down and spit all over his face. He said it was so disgusting he could not open his eyes and wanted to throw up from the smell. The whole thing lasted for over 15 minutes and he missed the bus and I picked him up. I thought nothing of it as he was very quiet.   

Obviously this would be better if it were from boys as he could defend himself and the school often does more about. it. In this case I have reached out and they defended the girls. My poor son cannot sleep because of this. Can I report this to the police?

Kill the girls 

Hmmm, I wonder where you live, as all of the schools I know of are closed due to Covid-19.

Anyway  this bullying problem is pathetic. Have your son  bring a phone to school to record the bullying. Then, go  with your son to the Principal''s office with or even without a recording and have your son recant who is bullying him. Tell the principal if this bullying does not stop today, you will report to the local news station that xyz school officials do not take bullying seriously and expose them for promoting, not stopping the bullies.

I DARE YOU!

• Edna

Only your son can put a stop to this (if it really happens at school in the way you say it does - which I doubt). Tell your son to take up for himself and, if it happens again, to fight back  Once the bullies see he's not going to put up with it any longer, they'll stop bullying him because there'll be no fun in it for them any longer. They only doing it because your son lets them and they think it's fun.

You most definitely can contact the police. Don't just go to the teacher. Contact that person first, just as a matter of course, and let them know you want this stopped immediately. Contact them by phone AND via email so that you have documentation. Once you have contacted the teacher, next go to the principal, explaining everything to that one. Again, phone and email for documentation purposes. If nothing happens then go to the school administration letting them know this will be a police matter. Again, make sure you have emails to everyone involved for documentation.

The word is spat. Learn to type like an adult then perhaps someone might believe your tales of woe.

Try trolling smarter, not harder.

< and spit all over his face. He said it was so disgusting he could not open his eyes and wanted to throw up from the smell >

yes, that sounds believeable, NOT.

This definitely needs to be reported, not just is this physical abuse, it is emotional abuse and needs to be taken seriously by the appropriate people. After 6 years of bullying at school, I wish more was done for me, so I wish the very best for your son. Maybe online school?

• hamel5

And this happened to him in a Zoom class, while at home?  That's rough 

Since they spit on him, he can report it to the police as biological warfare. Just look at the recent covid cases were people have died after getting coughed or spit on.