Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 months ago

Without hate, esp collective hate, there can be no love. True or false?

Not saying hate is justified 

No I you talk absolute garbage sorry

Bobo you talk absolute garbage sorry

There is Love.  The fact that there is so much more hatred out there surrounding it only makes it so much more precious.  But it is there in spite of the hate.  And is there even when there is no hate.  Seem more precious at each turn either way you go with it.  

True.  People who claim to love each other can do some incredibly horrible things to one another. Sometimes it is really difficult to tell the difference between the two emotions.  Love can be just as hurtful and destructive as hate.  At the end of the day they are both just words.

• Liz

No, I don't agree. God founded the earth in love; created the first humans in love; it was only after they disobeyed and lost perfection did their son, Cain, manufacture hatred for his brother. But he wasn't the first. Satan hated God which prompted him to spread lies about God.

‘Love endures all things. Love never fails.’—1 COR. 13:7, 8.

• Bobo

Hate and love are not related.  In addition, there is no such thing as "collective hate".  Individuals are capable of emotion, not groups. 

False.  You do not need to experience bad things to appreciate good things.  I have never been flat broke but I know that it is much better to have money.  I have never gone hungry long term, but I know that being fed is good.  If I had to choose between erasing all memories of love or all memories of someone expressing hatred, I would choose to eliminate the hatred because it is far worse than the good that comes from some types of love.

• rick

Hate is counterproductive. Love will thrive without it. Note that love and lust are synonyms.

Hate is not good for the reasons you say they are.